Current and Upcoming Tournaments:
|Mar 20‑21||Max Leslie Eclectic||Description||Sign-up starts Mar 10 (5am)|
|Apr 06‑07||------ Aerification ------|
|Mar 06||March Satellite 2-Man Shamble||Scores||Chits||Closest to Pin||Golf Genius Results|
Signup ChangesMarch 6th, 2021 posted by palbitz
The good news is that you don’t have to get up at 5am to sign up. The signup process was never meant to be a race for who signs up first.
The signup process has been changed to more closely match the tournament manual (under the references menu item, if you want to read it). Here’s the relevant part from the manual:
- CMGC Board members, significant sponsors, significant consultants and their foursomes, and individual tournament helpers (not their foursomes), will have priority for entry into a tournament over all other applicants.
- Assignment of all other starting times will be based upon a blind draw conducted by the Tournament Chairman.
- In the event tournaments have more applicants than there are starting times, the Tournament Chairman will post a standby list for those not selected in accordance with either paragraph (1) or (2) above. For 2-Day tournaments only, members who apply for a tournament, prior to the closing of the application period, but remain on the standby list shall be given priority over all others in the blind draw in the next scheduled 2-Day tournament if they apply.
Here’s the new signup process:
- You have from 5am to noon of the signup day to sign up. When you sign up during this period does not increase or decrease your chances of getting in the tournament.
- Board members (and their foursome) and waiting list members (and their foursome) from the last 2 day tournament will pay immediately, as is done in the current signup process. They are in the tournament.
- Everyone else will sign up, but not pay (yet).
- After signup completes, those that did not pay are part of a blind draw. Based on the blind draw order, some will be given a tee time and some will be put on the waiting list. Those given a tee time will then pay their tournament fee. (There will be a link to pay on the tee time page next to your name or the first person in your group’s name.)
- As cancellations happen, the next waiting list person will be given a tee time and there will be a link next to their name to pay.
- On the waiting list, you are a single, not part of your signup group. When you get a tee time, you will pay for yourself, not for your whole signup group.
- While the Torrey Men’s Club will try to re-assemble groups after players come off the waiting list, we are not planning to do that, at least initially.
Use the website home page “Tournament Director” link to email the current director to cancel.
For this first tournament of the new signup process, there is no waiting list from the “last 2-day tournament.”
We’ll adjust this process over time, if necessary.
Be patient if there are problems. As you know, new releases of software are seldom perfect.
Congratulations to Bob Emerson, winner of the President’s Cup TournamentFebruary 21st, 2021 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Bob Emerson won the President’s Cup Tournament with a net score of 139 for the weekend.
First Flight: Paul Albitz won with Ron Scurr in 2nd place with Dick Braun and Scott Hasser tying for 3rd place.
Second Flight: Jim Posedel and Brian Cincotta tied for 1st place with David Koravos in 3rd place.
Third Flight: Bob won with Bob Plumb in 2nd place with Dick Watts and Dan Novak tying for 3rd place.
Fourth Flight: Dan Eves won with Hank Hancock in 2nd place with Michael Carleton and Dick Wank tying for 3rd place.
As a reminder, Golf Genius will be required with tournaments starting in January and scoring must be done on the course, not afterward. Members must verify the scores from a hard card with the inputted Golf Genius scores before they leave the course. Any errors, changes or missing scores after leaving the course will cause disqualification.
Thanks for the members who participated. It is vital we follow all of the procedures in order to keep our tournaments. Members must use masks in and around the Pro Shop and Clubhouse, and maintain social distancing on the course. The city and county are evaluating all golf courses in order to ensure compliance. And as always, remember, keep up with the group in front of your group. The pace of play was good both days. Take care and stay safe.
Weekend Tournament Tee TimesFebruary 11th, 2021 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Why is it so hard to get tee times for the tournaments? COVID. The City requires us to leave the :52 time open each hour because of the COVID. That is 6 tee times, 24 spots. That is almost the exact number that get shut out of the tournaments. What do I do if I get shut out? Send an email the Tournament Chair asking to be put on the waitlist – you will be listed in the order received. If you don’t get in, you will get priority for the next tournament. Note- you will no longer be allowed to pick your replacement if someone in your group drops out- the replacement will be the person next up on the waitlist. Why did I get bumped after I signed up? Because either we overestimated the times we would have available, or we had to bump people in order to give times to players waitlisted or bumped in the prior tournament. If you get bumped and don’t get in you will go to the head of the waitlist and get priority for the next tournament. Remember to remind us when signing up for the next tournament. We are open to hear ideas on making things better. We never had these tee time availability issues before COVID. We assume we will get our times back from the City in the not to distant future and we will be back to the situation that everyone who wants to play will get a time!
Hafner, Enright, Enright and DeGrazier win the 2021 New Member Mixer.January 24th, 2021 posted by Joe Preimesberger
The team of Ken Hafner, Greg Enright, Brian Enright and Lance DeGrazier won the 2021 New Member Mixer with a net total of 256, 32 under. The team of Bill Pultz, Ken Bien, David Koravos and Joe P. came in 2nd place with the team of John Damron, Larry Ramirez, Richard Furry and Rob Blaemers in 3rd place.
As a reminder, Golf Genius will be required and scoring must be done on the course, not afterward. Members must verify the scores from a hard card with the inputted Golf Genius scores before they leave the course. Any errors, changes or missing scores after leaving the course may cause disqualification.
Thanks for the members and new members who participated. It is vital we follow all of the procedures in order to keep our tournaments. Members must use masks in and around the Pro Shop and Clubhouse, and maintain social distancing on the course. The city and county are evaluating all golf courses in order to ensure compliance. And as always, remember, keep up with the group in front of your group. The pace of play was good both days. Take care and stay safe.
President’s Cup Sign UpJanuary 14th, 2021 posted by Joe Preimesberger
The President’s Cup being played February 13th and 14th sign up will be available online on Monday, January 18 at 5a. In addition, there will be no credits added to your F&B card for the foreseeable future, instead the additional funds will be added to the total chits and will be allocated to 60% of the field instead of the past 40%.
Weekend Tournament Sign Up ProcessJanuary 14th, 2021 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Because of the changes due to Covid-19, signing up does not guarantee that you are in the tournament. We try to match the number of signups with the available tee times. When the tee times are assigned and we are over-subscribed, a random draw decides which players do not get a tee time. Those players are refunded their signup fee.