Current and Upcoming Tournaments:
|Jul 11‑12||July Member‑Guest or Member‑Member||Description||Tee Times (posted Jul 10)||Tournament Director|
|Jul 25‑26||John Ruedi Memorial||Description||Sign up (ends Jul 15)||View Signups|
|Aug 01||------ 1st Announcement of Dues Renewal ------|
|Aug 15‑16||Annual Member‑Member Classic||Description||Sign-up starts Jul 18|
|Jul 11‑12||July Member-Guest or Member-Member||Scores||Chits||Closest to Pin||Golf Genius Results|
July Member-Guest Member-Member OversubscribedJune 29th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Because the city has allowed one less tee time an hour, sign ups have ended for this tournament as there are 72 players on a wait list. Those that do not get in will get a refund.
Congratulations Bob Swisher, June Satellite ChampionJune 28th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Bob Swisher won the one day June Satellite with a net 65.
First Flight: Bob won with Nick Cranmer and Roy Burchill tying for 2nd place.
Second Flight: Joe Calabria won with Robert Rucci in 2nd place with Leo Papas, Greg Gillespie, Robert O’Leary and Magic Taylor tying for 3rd place.
Third Flight: Creig Greaves, Douglas Willibey, Ed Bastarache, Tommy Nelson, Ledge Hakes and Tony Evans all tied for 1st place.
Fourth Flight: John Gilliland came in 1st place with Gordon Volpi in 2nd place and Monty McIntyre and Gerry Susko tying for in 3rd place.
Thanks for the members who participated. It is vital we follow all of the new procedures in order to keep our tournaments. Members must use masks in and around the Pro Shop and Clubhouse, and maintain social distancing on the course. The city and county will be evaluating all golf courses in the next several months to ensure compliance. And as always, remember, keep up with the group in front of your group. The pace was great on Saturday. Take care and stay safe.
Congratulations John Hoffman, Senior Club ChampionJune 16th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
John Hoffman won the Senior Club Championship with two rounds of 69.
First Flight: John won with Tony Avarello and Greg Enright tying for 2nd place.
Second Flight (< 59): Tim Harris and Dante Togliatti tied for 1st place with Marc McCloskey in 3rd place.
Third Flight (60 – 69): Keith Hughes came in 1st place, Glenn Powder came in 2nd place with Pat Segawa in 3rd place.
Fourth Flight: (> 70) Michael O’Connor came in 1st place, Ed Pietrzak (Super Senior) came in 2nd place with Art Duffey in 3rd place.
Thanks for the members who participated. It is vital we follow all of the new procedures in order to keep our tournaments. And as always, remember, keep up with the group in front. The pace of play both days was great. Take care and stay safe.
Tournament rules for bunker playJune 12th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
The following will be the Tournament rules when a member hits their ball into a bunker in a foot print or unfair condition:
- Place the ball be as close to the original site but within a club length.
- No cleaning of the ball.
- Smoothing of the sand with a foot is allowed.
- No placing the ball on an edge of a foot mark.
- Smooth sand as much as possible after the shot.
SCGA Four-Ball won by Alan Wickenden and Eric BersanoMay 18th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
Alan Wickenden and Eric Bersano won the SCGA Four-Ball and will represent the Coronado Men’s Golf Club in one of their qualifying events in the future.
First Flight: Alan and Eric won with a -17, the team of George Blair and Bill Wilson came in 2nd place with Jon Dickie and Alan Kulp in 3rd place.
Second Flight: Mark Andrews and Kirk Ferris won with a – 16, Bruce Carson and Paul Yossem came in 2nd place with Ben Anacker and Jack Renshaw in 3rd place.
Thanks for the members who participated, it was great to get back out and play, even with all the new procedures. It is vital we follow all of them in order to keep our tournaments. And as always, remember, keep up with the group in front. The pace of play both days was great, but better on Sunday. Take care and stay safe.
SCGA Four-Ball, May 16th & 17thMay 7th, 2020 posted by Joe Preimesberger
The Coronado Men’s Golf Club’s temporary weekend tournament format will allow members to sign up on the scheduled dates with no payment necessary until further notice. There will be scoring using Golf Genius only and chits will be paid out to both flights. Those that do not use Golf Genius will not participate in the tournament or the chits. The Board will not ask volunteers to put themselves at risk or to put members at risk. As always, if you have been assigned a tee time and choose not to play, please ensure you call the Pro Shop and cancel your time. The following are the rules for play:
To ensure our members safety, Coronado Golf Course has adopted the following golfer protocol as outlined by the County of San Diego.
- If you are sick or are feeling sick, Do Not Come To The Golf Course.
- Players may not arrive on the tee box until the previous group has left the teeing ground.
- Golfers are prohibited from touching flagsticks. Management has instituted special flag sticks – Use your putter to activate the ball removal device, then pick up your ball.
- We encourage all golfers to wash their hands before coming to the course.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the golf course facilities.
- Credit card or charge account payments only, no cash payments will be accepted at the counter. Golfers need not need to sign credit card receipts.
- We encourage golfers to walk the golf course.
- Golf cart usage is now allowed for all golfers (single riders or family members).
- Golfer shall handle and care for their own bags and equipment. Staff will not be allowed to handle.
- All golf carts and push carts are washed and pre-sanitized before each use.
- Please dispose of your trash into garbage cans when you finish your round.
- Rental clubs and rental equipment will not be available.
- All golf instruction and clinics are suspended at this time.
- We encourage our guests to wash their hands immediately after play.
- Guests are required to head straight to their vehicles following play without delay.